|The Mac OS X version of World Book has been developed to take advantage of the
power and elegance of Apple's next generation operating system.
The new Macintosh edition features a new Interactive Home Screen which presents
a unique way to browse the encyclopedia. Photos, videos and illustrations from
the World Book appear along the bottom of the screen for a few seconds each
while music from the encyclopedia's music collections plays.
Other new and improved features in the Mac OS X edition:
- Article Updates may be downloaded seamlessly with the enhanced Update Now
feature to keep the user's World Book current.
-Expanded multimedia elements which now include thousands of maps, photos, illustrations,
videos, animations, music and other sounds, and 3-D interactive "bubble
view" panoramas from the World Book Collections.
- Enhanced versions of World Book's acclaimed Homework Wizards.
- A special "Surf the Millennium" section that invites students to
visit each century of the past millennium, beginning with the year 1000, on
simulated Web sites.
- A completely new World Book Notepad word processor which is fully customizable
to account for the level of the user thanks to the power of Mac OS X. Young
students will find it to be the easiest word processor to use, while older students
and family members may add more advanced tools easily to enhance the formatting
of their documents.
- Accommodation for Multiple Users in Mac OS X so that each user will see only
their own highlights and "sticky note" bookmarks. There are now four
colors of highlighters so that students can mark different kinds of content
in different colors (yellow, pink, blue and green).