FireStoreconverts any IEEE-1394 (FireWire, i.Link) drive into a high
performance digital disk recorder/player. Record directly to disk from your
digital camcorder, VTR, or mixer.
CAPTURING IS TIME CONSUMING
Research shows that most people spend about 25 hours per month just capturing.
Based on an eight-hour day, that is nearly three days each month or about
37 days each year you and your NLE are unproductive!
CAPTURE WHILE YOU SHOOT?
What if you could also take care of capturing while you were shooting? Sound
impossible? Not when you have FireStore!
FireStore allows you to record edit-ready clips live to external FireWire
disk drives while you shoot! When you are finished, simply take your FireWire
disk drive, connect it to your Mac or PC based DV NLE system, import the clips
and drag them straight to the timeline. No rendering - you'll be editing seconds
after you have finished shooting!
FireStore's unique concept allows you to record your clips as raw dv (.dv),
AVI Type 1, AVI Type 2 or QuickTime (.mov) video files directly to disk while
you shoot. These file formats allow for instant editing with popular applications
such as Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple iMovie, Adobe Premiere, Canopus DVStorm,
Pinnacle DV500, Ulead Media Studio Pro and Matrox RT2000/2500.
Simultaneously record video and audio to disk and to your camcorder's tape.
Finish shooting your production with the confidence of having two identical
copies of your footage.
FireStore is ideal for use in presentation environments. Simply record or
save edited footage to the drive and then use FireStore for playback. No cueing
of tapes is required.
Record, play and navigate using FireStore's VTR type controls. Navigate from
clip to clip with the push of a button. FireStore clearly displays mode, timecode
and status. Multiple speed forward/backward search (including single frame)
and loop playback (single clip or entire disk) are standard features. Trigger
record on FireStore from most DV camcorders or controlvia AV/C commands over
FireWire from NLE systems and other DV devices.
EMBEDDED AUDIO SUPPORT
FireStore fully supports DV embedded digital audio - either 2-ch (16-bit,
48kHz) or 4-ch (12-bit, 32kHz.)
ULTRA LONG RECORD TIMES
A single 40 GB FireWire drive can store approximately 3 hours of DV video.
Extend this record time by daisy chaining up to 8 FireWire HDDs to FireStore!
Use a combination of HDD sizes to tailor record times to your particular needs.
- ENG/Field Acquisition
- NLE Edit Source
- Linear Editing Source
- Presentation Video Source
- Endless Video Program Looping
- Webcast Video Storage
- DV Video Still Store
- Security Applications
- Industrial Monitoring
- Video DJ and Karaoke Applications
- Digital Video Archiving
- Four pin IEEE-1394 source connector
- Six pin IEEE-1394 hard disk connector
- Six pin IEEE-1394 computer connector
- Includes 2' six pin IEEE-1394 cable
- Single or multiple FAT32 Firewire Disk Drive Support
- 25Mbps DV, Mini DV, DVCAM and DVCPro source compatible
- 100-400Mbps FAT32 hard disk compatible
- Clip management system
- Record embedded 2-ch (16-bit, 48kHz) and 4-ch (12-bit, 32kHz) audio
- Random access playback
- VTR-style controls
- Low power; battery powered option
- Records direct to computer-ready format (.dv, .mov, AVI Type 1, or AVI
- 8-bit, 4:1:1 (NTSC-DV) or 4:2:0 (PAL-DV) recording
- Small and lightweight for remote use
- Full status LCD display
- GPI control and AV/C (FireWire) control
- Import files to NLE packages such as Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple iMovie,
Adobe Premiere, Canopus DVStorm,Pinnacle
- DV500, Matrox RT2000/2500 plus much more!
- Two year warranty
- 1 x 4-pin IEEE-1394 (FireWire, i.Link) input connector
- 2 x 6-pin IEEE-1394 (FireWire, i.Link) connector (to HDD &
- Input/output 25Mb/s, 8-bit 4:1:1 (NTSC-DV) or 4:2:0 (PAL-DV) video
- FAT32 FireWire HDD format compatible with
- Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP and Mac OS9 and OS10.
- Data recorded to disk as standard .dv, .mov, AVI Type 1 or AVI
Type 2 files
- Weight 3.5lbs (1.58kg)
- Dimensions 2.75" high x 6" wide x 8.5" deep (70mm
x 150mm x 212mm)
- 110 or 220 12VDC 2000mA wall supply (meets local regulatory approval)
- Optionally connect a 14.4VDC battery pack.
- CE/FCC approval
- Snap Shot Record
- Multi-speed Fast Forward Search
- Multi-speed Rewind Search
- Next Track/Previous Track
- Delete Track
- Loop All/Loop Track Playback
- Check Disk
- Format Disk
- Multiple Display Modes
- Forward/Back 1 Frame